The film’s plot has Bond investigating gold smuggling by gold magnate Auric Goldfinger and eventually uncovering Goldfinger’s plans to attack the United States Bullion Depository at Fort Knox. Goldfinger was the first Bondblockbuster, with a budget equal to that of the two preceding films combined. Principal photography took place from January to July 1964 in the United Kingdom, Switzerland and the U.S. states of Kentucky and Florida.
- Sean Connery as James Bond (007): A British MI6 agent who is sent to investigate Auric Goldfinger.
- Honor Blackman as Pussy Galore: Goldfinger’s personal pilot and leader of an all-female team of pilots known as Pussy Galore’s Flying Circus.
- Gert Fröbe as Auric Goldfinger: A wealthy, psychopathic man obsessed with gold.
- Shirley Eaton as Jill Masterson: Bond Girl and Goldfinger’s aide-de-camp, whom Bond catches helping the villain cheat at a game of cards.
- Harold Sakata as Oddjob: Goldfinger’s lethal Korean manservant.
- Tania Mallet as Tilly Masterson: The sister of Jill Masterson, she is on a vendetta to avenge her sister, but is killed by Oddjob.
- Bernard Lee as M: 007’s boss and head of the British Secret Service.
- Cec Linder as Felix Leiter: Bond’s CIA liaison in the United States.
- Martin Benson as Mr. Solo: The lone gangster who refuses to take part in Operation Grand Slam and is later killed by Oddjob and crushed in the car which he is riding in.
- Desmond Llewelyn as Q: The head of Q-Branch, he supplies 007 with a modified Aston Martin DB5. Hamilton told Llewelyn to inject humour into the character, thus beginning the friendly antagonism between Q and Bond that became a hallmark of the series. Llewelyn played Q in 17 Bond films between 1963 and 1999.
- Lois Maxwell as Miss Moneypenny: M’s secretary. Maxwell played Moneypenny in 14 Eon-produced Bond films from Dr. No in 1962 to A View to a Kill in 1985.
- Austin Willis as Mr. Simmons: Goldfinger’s gullible gin rummy opponent in Miami.
- Michael Mellinger as Kisch: Goldfinger’s secondary and quiet henchman and loyal lieutenant who leads his boss’s false Army convoy to Fort Knox.
- Burt Kwouk as Mr. Ling: A Communist Chinese nuclear fission specialist who provides Auric Goldfinger with the dirty bomb to irradiate the gold inside Fort Knox.
- Richard Vernon as Colonel Smithers, the Bank of England official.
- Margaret Nolan as Dink, Bond’s masseuse from the Miami hotel sequence. Nolan also appeared as the gold-covered body in advertisements for the film and in the opening title sequence as the dancing golden silhouette, described as “Gorgeous, iconic, seminal.”
- Gerry Duggan as Hawker, Bond’s golf caddy.
See more information here