Release year: 1999
James Bond: Pierce Brosnan
Directed by: Michael Apted
Produced by: Michael G. Wilson, Barbara Broccoli
The film’s plot revolves around the assassination of billionaire Sir Robert King by the terrorist Renard, and Bond’s subsequent assignment to protect King’s daughter Elektra, who had previously been held for ransom by Renard. During his assignment, Bond unravels a scheme to increase petroleum prices by triggering a nuclear meltdown in the waters of Istanbul.
- Pierce Brosnan as James Bond, 007.
- Denise Richards as Christmas Jones, a nuclear physicist.
- Robert Carlyle as Renard, a former KGB agent.
- Sophie Marceau as Elektra King, an oil heiress who wants to make her mark on the world by sealing an oil trade route with a nuclear explosion. She is Renard’s lover, and also briefly Bond’s.
- Robbie Coltrane as Valentin Zukovsky: A former Russian mafia boss and Bakucasino owner. He aids Bond in order to rescue his nephew from Renard’s captivity.
- Judi Dench as M: The head of MI6.
- Colin Salmon as Charles Robinson: The Chief of Staff of MI6
- Desmond Llewelyn as Q: MI6’s “quartermaster” who supplies Bond with multi-purpose vehicles and gadgets useful for the latter’s mission. The film would be Llewelyn’s final performance as Q. Although the actor was not officially retiring from the role, the Q character was training his eventual replacement in this film. Llewelyn was killed in a car accident shortly after the film’s premiere.
- John Cleese as R: Q’s assistant and successor. The character is never formally introduced as “R” – This was simply an observation on Bond’s part: “If you’re Q….does that make him R?”
- Samantha Bond as Miss Moneypenny: M’s secretary
- Serena Scott Thomas as Dr. Molly Warmflash: An MI6 physician who gives 007 “A clean bill of health.”
- John Seru as Gabor: Elektra King’s bodyguard who is seen accompanying King wherever she travels.
- Ulrich Thomsen as Sasha Davidov: Elektra King’s head of security in Azerbaijan.
- Goldie as Bullion: Valentin Zukovsky’s gold-toothed bodyguard.
- Maria Grazia Cucinotta as Giulietta da Vinci, credited in the film as “Cigar Girl”: An experienced assassin working for Renard.
- David Calder as Sir Robert King: Elektra’s father and an oil tycoon who is later killed by his daughter.
See more information here