Release year: 1962
James Bond: Sean Connery
Directed by: Terence Young
Produced by: Harry Saltzman, Albert R. Broccoli
In the film, James Bond is sent to Jamaica to investigate the disappearance of a fellow British agent. The trail leads him to the underground base of Dr. Julius No, who is plotting to disrupt an early American manned space launch with a radio beam weapon. Although the first of the Bond books to be made into a film, Dr. No was not the first of Fleming’s novels, Casino Royale being the debut for the character; however, the film makes a few references to threads from earlier books.
- Sean Connery as James Bond: A British MI6 agent, codename 007.
- Ursula Andress as Honey Ryder (spoken voice by Nikki van der Zyl and singing voice by Diana Coupland): A local shell diver, making a living by selling Jamaican seashells to dealers in Miami.
- Joseph Wiseman as Dr. Julius No: Main antagonist and a reclusive member of SPECTRE.
- Jack Lord as Felix Leiter: A CIA operative sent to liaise with James Bond while he is in Kingston.
- Bernard Lee as M: The head of the British Secret Service.
- Anthony Dawson as Professor R.J. Dent: A geologist with a practice in Kingston, who also secretly works for Doctor No.
- John Kitzmiller as Quarrel: A Cayman Islander who was employed by John Strangways to secretly go to Crab Key to collect rock samples; he also worked with Felix Leiter before Bond’s arrival.
- Zena Marshall as Miss Taro: The secretary to Mr. Pleydell-Smith at Government House in Kingston. She is actually a double agent working for Dr. No.
- Eunice Gayson as Sylvia Trench (spoken voice by Nikki van der Zyl): Trench first meets Bond from across a Chemin de Fer table at the London club Le Cercle.
- Lois Maxwell as Miss Moneypenny: The secretary to M.
- Peter Burton as Major Boothroyd: The head of Q-Branch, Boothroyd is brought in by M to replace Bond’s Beretta M 1934 with a Walther PPK. This was Burton’s only appearance as Q.
- Timothy Moxon (uncredited) as John Strangways (voiced by Robert Rietty):Strangways is the head of the Kingston station for the British Secret Service, murdered by Dr. No’s henchmen, the ‘Three Blind Mice’.
- Reginald Carter as Mr. Jones: A henchman of Dr. No who was sent to pick up 007 at the Palisadoes Airport.
- Yvonne Shima as Sister Lily: A Prison Warden working at Dr. No’s lair.
- Michel Mok as Sister Rose: Also working at Dr. No’s lair.
- Marguerite LeWars as Annabelle Chung: One of Dr. No’s operatives who trails Bond. Unnamed in the film, she is credited simply as ‘Photographer’
- Dolores Keator as Mary: Strangways P.A. also murdered by the ‘Three Blind Mice’
See more information here