The name “GoldenEye” pays homage to James Bond’s creator, Ian Fleming. While working for British Naval Intelligence as a lieutenant commander, Ian Fleming liaised with the American OSS to monitor developments in Spain after the Spanish Civil War in an operation codenamed Operation Goldeneye. Fleming used the name of his operation for his estate in Oracabessa, Jamaica.
- Pierce Brosnan as James Bond (007): An MI6 officer assigned to stop the Janus crime syndicate from acquiring “GoldenEye,” a clandestine satellite weapon designed and launched by the Soviets during the Cold War.
- Sean Bean as Alec Trevelyan (006) / Janus: Initially another 00 officer and Bond’s friend, he fakes his death at Arkhangelsk and then establishes the Janus crime syndicate in the following nine years.
- Izabella Scorupco as Natalya Simonova: The only survivor and eyewitness of the attack of GoldenEye on its own control centre at Severnaya. A skilled programmer, she helps Bond in his mission.
- Famke Janssen as Xenia Onatopp: A Georgian lust murderer and Trevelyan’s henchwoman. A sadist, she enjoys torturing her enemies between her thighs.
- Joe Don Baker as Jack Wade: A veteran CIA officer on the same mission as Bond.
- Judi Dench as M: The head of MI6.
- Gottfried John as General Arkady Grigorovich Ourumov: Commander of Russia’sSpace Division, secretly an agent of Janus who nefariously misuses his authority and position for helping Janus gain access to the GoldenEye.
- Robbie Coltrane as Valentin Dmitrovich Zukovsky: A Russian gangster and ex-KGB officer through whom Bond arranges a meeting with Janus (Trevelyan).
- Alan Cumming as Boris Grishenko: A computer programmer at Severnaya secretly affiliated to Janus.
- Tchéky Karyo as Russian Defence Minister Dmitri Mishkin
- Desmond Llewelyn as Q: The head of Q Branch (research and developmentdivision of the British Secret Service). Llewelyn was the only actor to reprise a role from a previous Bond film.
- Samantha Bond as Miss Moneypenny: M’s secretary. Samantha Bond made her first of four appearances as Moneypenny.
- Minnie Driver as Irina: A Russian nightclub singer and mistress of Valentin Dmitrovich Zukovsky.
- Serena Gordon as Caroline, MI6 psychologist evaluator, whom Bond seduces.
- Billy J. Mitchell as Admiral Chuck Farrel of the Royal Canadian Navy, who is in a sexual relationship with Xenia Onatopp.
See more information here