007 Food: Tama, a nepali soupJune 5, 2021
Food: Tama, a nepali soup
Bond book appearance: High Time to Kill (1999). Bond eats this kind of lunch at a picnic site in Nepal.
Experience of 007 Travelers: Self-made
“They reached a picnic site set up by the Sherpas at approximately one o’clock. There was still another two hours or more to go before they reached the day’s stop. Lunch was tama, a nepali soup made from dried bamboo shoots. Bond found it less than satisfying, but it would be have to do.”
Raymond Benson: “High Time to Kill” (1999)
1 cup Black eyed peas (boiled)
2 Potatoes (boiled)
1 cup Bamboo Shoots (Tama)
1 Red Onion
1 Tsp. Cumin Seeds
1 Tsp. Turmeric Powder
2 Tsp. Cumin Powder
1 Tsp. Salt
1 Tsp. Red Chili Powder
1 Tsp. Garlic Ginger Paste
2 Tbsp. Oil
- Heat oil in a cooking pot.
- Fry cumin seeds and onions till it turns brown.
- Add Tama (Bamboo Shoots) for few minutes.
- Add boiled black eyed peas and fry another 2-3 minutes.
- Add Turmeric, cumin, red chili powder, salt and garlic ginger paste and mix.
- Then add boiled potatoes and mix well with the spices.
- Then add about 4 cups of hot water and stir.
- Cover with the lid until it comes to boil.
- Sprinkle some chopped cilantro for garnish.
Recipe credits: Anup Kitchen
See more 007 FOODS here