MI6 Team: 00 AgentsDecember 6, 2014
The 00 Section of MI6 is considered the elite of the Secret Service. Agents with the 00 prefix have proven themselves capable enough in the field to be entrusted with the licence to kill: the authorisation to, at their own discretion, commit acts of assassination and other controversial activities in order to complete their missions, without having to first seek permission from headquarters.
The following 00 agents have been referenced onscreen in the James Bond films. Additional 00 agents, ranging from 001 to 0012, have been referenced in literature and in comic strips.
- 002 – Mentioned in “The Man with the Golden Gun” (1974), named Bill Fairbanks and killed by Francisco Scaramanga. A different 002 (name not revealed) dies during the opening sequence of “The Living Daylights” (1987).
- 003 – Body found in a snowbank at the start of “A View to a Kill” (1985).
- 004 – Killed during the opening sequence of “The Living Daylights” (1987).
- 005 – Seen attending a meeting during “Thunderball” (1965).
- 006 – Named Alec Trevelyan, a one-time ally and friend of Bond who is presumed dead for nine years; he is the primary antagonist in “GoldenEye” (1995).
- 007 – James Bond (the only-known holder of the number).
- 008 – Mentioned by M in “Goldfinger” (1964) as a potential replacement for Bond if his mission fails. Bond also mentions this to Goldfinger himself. 008 is also mentioned in “The Living Daylights” (1987) as an alternate choice to assassinate General Pushkin if Bond refuses to do so.
- 009 – Seen early in “Octopussy” (1983), killed by twins working for General Orlov. However, 009 still manages to complete his mission by returning the real Fabergé egg and Bond later avenges his death. 009 is also mentioned in the film “The World Is Not Enough” (1999), as the agent who initially shoots Renard.
In “SPECTRE” (2015) 009 is not seen, but Bond “stoles” 009’s Aston Martin DB10.
Additional unidentified 00 agents are seen briefly in “Thunderball” (1965) and “The World is Not Enough” (1999). In the latter, one of the agents is revealed to be female.
See the whole MI6 TEAM here